Bamberg. Embankment of the Main-Danube canal
Along the Main-Danube canal lined houses of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, many of them architectural masterpieces.
The Luitpold bridge (Luitpoldbrücke map) opened in December 2005 on the site of the old bridge built in 1932. The bridge was designed with the laying of communication municipal economy which are hidden under the roadbed.
Little German modernism.
German architects of the early 20th century used curves not so boldly, such as Spanish, however, the floral decoration is rather common.
Building a solid, monumental architecture, formed in the days of Kaiser Wilhelm.
Erlöserkirche (Church of the Redeemer, the Savior) was built in 1930-1933 by the architect Heinrich Bestelmeyer and opened in 1934. Temple hall can accommodate 700 parishioners. 22 February 1945 the Church was hit by American bomb almost powerhub building in ruins. This was completely destroyed the bell tower and the 4 bells survived only one. After the war the Church was restored and in 1950 there began again service.